Early Feedback Saves You Time and Effort
Why Are Editorial Audits Important?
You want your book to be the best it can be before you invest in getting it edited. Editing is the final stage in the writing process. Stand out by planning a spectacular book from the start.
The early development of your book is critical to its success. To ensure a solid strategy and structure, Aroian Editorial offers an editorial audit, as we call it. What does your existing manuscript do well? Which elements are missing? Our audit identifies both the goodness and the gaps. To convince audiences that you are a writer worth following, create a cohesive and compelling framework from the start. Our in-depth analysis gives your emerging work that potential.
What Will Your Audit Include?
Discussion and feedback to help you shape these elements.
- Purpose — Explain why you are the author and how your book is different.
- Market — Identify specific leads that generate sales.
- Premise — Drive home a strong main message.
- Structure — Devote time to preparing a solid foundation.
- Evidence — Support the premise with cited facts, details.
- Pace — Gauge how fast the action moves toward the goal.
- Flow — Never underestimate the power of transitions.
- Voice — Choose the perspective(s) and narrator(s).
- Style — Decide how to organize and tell the story.
- Plot — Create chapter summaries, knowing they evolve.
- Characters — Add layers of complexity.
- Setting — Guide your readers through time and space.
- Description — Activate all the senses.
How Does an Audit Benefit You?
When our authors succeed, we succeed. As editors we are the trusted partners who assess structure and content, so you know that your book can hold the attention of your readers. Stating your main idea sets the course for your book. Once your audience understands your motivation and passion, your writing will resonate. This is what builds a page-turner.
We do this work because we love bringing content that matters to the world. That’s our why.
If you are serious about writing, then we encourage you to get a critique of your existing manuscript. Maybe several over time. Find out what may be blindsiding or holding you back as a writer. As professional editors, we support our authors with solid insights that make their books stronger.
Aroian Editorial has the expertise to help you craft your manuscript into a compelling book. That’s why we provide this thorough critique before our edits touch the page.